8364 Shawnee College Road
Shawnee Community College is committed to the values of the community college concept, recognizing the uniqueness of the individual and the diversity of his/her needs and dedicated to utilizing the resources of the institution to provide a comprehensive program to meet those diverse needs and improve the quality of life for each individual. SCC is dedicated to providing quality, cost-effective comprehensive programs to all individuals within the district who can benefit from such activities.
SCC values life-long learning, its role as a change agent for the public good, equal access to educational opportunities for all citizens, multi-cultural diversity within a pluralistic society, the dignity and worth of each individual, a systematic and participatory management approach to decision-making, its reciprocal relationship with the community, including business, civic, social and religious aspects, the prudent utilization of resources, the pursuit of excellence and providing a variety of educational opportunities for all citizens.
As a consequence of these values, SCC has a mission to provide a comprehensive curriculum,
- to facilitate area economic development
- to provide equal educational opportunities to all citizens
- to provide programs and activities which encourage and preserve multi-cultural diversity
- to develop programs and services which address the needs of all segments of the college community
- to solicit input from all constituencies
- to foster a community partnership in which each organization benefits from its mutual affiliation
- to develop and administer programs, services and facilities consistent with the district's financial base
- to organize and administer high quality programs and recruit and retain high quality personnel in all positions
- to develop and promote programs, courses and activities which enhance life opportunities for all constituencies of the district.
SCC also offers home study education by extension courses through the Internet.
For more information visit our web site at http://www.shawnee.cc.il.us/ or fill in and submit the online form below.